Sunday 5 November 2017

Jim Thompson House



The importance of Jim Thompson in the silk trade is something that has been written about and is an interesting tale to be read.



The Jim Thompson House is a wonderful tale of History. In fact after all this time there are still unanswered questions regarding his life in Thailand.


The house was next to a oblong at at the end of a long road - which meant that it was very peaceful.  I waited for the tour group to leave - it was at this time that I learnt that we were not allowed to take photographs inside.


The tour itself was certainly very interesting to be told a lot of things about Jim Thompson's life in Thailand. A note to self - I may have purchased a book whilst I was there but I did not notice if there were any. 


I listened to the carefully rehearsed talk whilst looking at all the interesting things in the home - you really must make a visit if you find the culture and history of Thailand interesting.


The home was surrounded by carefully looked after gardens and a number of statues with links to Buddhism and culture.



Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 9:00-18:00 
Location: Soi Kasemsan (2) Song, opposite the National Stadium on Rama I Rd
Tel: 66 (0)2 216 7368 
Price Range: Adult 150 Baht. Students (under 22 years old) 100 Baht




No comments:

Post a Comment