Monday 10 September 2018

Wat Khuha Sawan วัดคูหาสวรรค์


Wat Khuha Sawan วัดคูหาสวรรค์ is a Wat built in front of a very large mountain, the Khuha Sawan Public Park and the Khao Pu - Khao Ya National Park in Phattalung.



This was not somewhere that I had read about previously so I had no idea what to expect.I have subsequently read that the temple was established in the period when Ayutthaya was the Capital of Thailand and this was the first royal temple in Phattalung.



The standard Wat was at the entrance and at the back were a number of small Chedi and traditional figures. 



Imagine my surprise when I saw that there were some figures at the back and of course I went to have a look.



There was an enormous cave with a great number of Buddhist figures in.



There were figures all around the back of the cave and them more in the middle.



And there was nobody there. An interesting place but it did feel cold.



On returning to the car we noticed an enormous tree in the rock with some construction in it. So we went to have a look there.




This was certainly older and a more than a little creepy.



I crept inside and walked up the steps to find that there were more figures to be seen.




And further up there were more.










No comments:

Post a Comment