Tuesday 16 October 2018

Wat Chanasongkhram Ratchaworamahawiharn วัดชนะสงครามราชาวรมหาวิหาร


Wat Chanasongkhram Ratchaworamahawiharn วัดชนะสงครามราชาวรมหาวิหาร is somewhere which I found.



The temple seemed to appear out of nowhere! Entering it I was taken away with the beauty of it - and how few people there were here.



I had found an old monastery before 1782 (the Rattanakosin Period) - the temple was originally known as Wat Klang Na - the 'temple in the paddy field'. In the reign of King Rama 1 the temple was given a new name - Wat Tong Pu. Which (after the war with Burma) was renamed to be the original - which means 'Victory of War'.



There were people outside selling a number of lottery tickets but not for me.



On entering the Wat the grounds were empty. 



But inside there were people - very peaceful.



And the corridors either side were lovely.



Not quite what I expected you to find at the Khao San Road where I went in the afternoon on a weekend.

TripAdvisor: Wat Chanasongkhram  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment