Tuesday 23 February 2010

Chinese New Year Celebrations in Phuket Town




The Chinese New Year is certainly a celebration - we had a Chinese Dragon and firecrackers at work and then I was told that Chinese New Year lasts all month!

I decided to do a little research and found out that there was a big party in Phuket Town for three days and the roads were closed - so off I went.


A wonderful atmosphere - full of happy people - i could have asked for nothing more.

I wandered around trying to ascertain when the activities were - only to be told that the original timetable had been changed - but hey this is Thailand after all and it did nothing to dampen my spirits.

Where do I start - stalls with foods, bands playing, painted people walking the streets, children selling cloth bags, a sword fight and more.

Definitely worth a night out - a real pleasure.


              

No comments:

Post a Comment