Thursday 20 May 2010

Hoop Takraw



I had taken my daughter out for a bicycle ride and we always end up at a market a park or both.  We were at the Laem-Chang park in Phuket Town when I noticed a group of tired looking youths sitting down on the ground.

I wondered whether they had been running as the park is ostensibly for children when I noticed an odd looking net strung high in the air.  The youths then jumped up and began to kick a woven ball around.

They were not allowed to use their hands to keep the ball in the air but they could use any other part of their body to keep the ball up - fascinating and talented people.

I found a blog about Hoop Takraw by a gentleman who had seen his locals playing it 
and Takraw was in the 2009 Asian Indoor Games.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment