Wednesday 5 November 2014

Jor Ong or Thye Guan Tong Shrine (ศาลเจ้าจ้ออ๋อง)



Jor Ong is the name of this shrine which I first visited during the Phuket Vegetarian Festival.


A Ma Hong stood in front a waved and blessed all of the possessed past. It is a very sparse Shrine, I imagine that the Shrine next to it is the Premier Shrine for this area - Sanjao Sam San.


This shrine seems to have very little depth to it and has very little on the table of the actual shrines themselves and there is no smaller shrines with toy footballs and a tiger in.


But it does have the common beautiful doors that are the sprits which protect the shrine.


Then the common 'paintings' on the walls.


The traditional 'piercing' tools.

Le Loh Chia

I am still trying to give all of the Spirits a name though - can you help me?

Phuket Index has a number of photographs on their site but the photographs do not give any real understanding. As an aside - I was searching in the Internet for information about this shrine and then the tour that I wrote for an App appeared!



View Chinese Shrines in Phuket in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment