Saturday 19 December 2015

Sang Tham Chinese Shrine



The Sang Tham Shrine was built in 1891 and given the Conservation Award by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 1987. The shrine is also recognised by the name of 'The Eternal Light of Dharma'.




The post here is a focus on the decorations which I had not previously noticed - there is so much to see. What is this step? Is it in all the Chinese Shrine?




The entrance and roof is decorated very carefully with the traditional tiles on the shaped stuccoes.



There is the original stuccoes still in a glass cabinet.






In between these decorations are a number of these Chinese figurines (or dolls). I would imagine that each figurine has a story but I would imagine that each one has a story attached to it but I would not know where to find the answer for this - do you?



There are also two intricate paintings on each side of the entrance to the actual area of worship.


I had never this figurine before - reminding me of a film character...


Then there was a small Buddhist statue...


Previous visits
 1) March 2011
 2) February 2014 - Shrine Tour

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment