Sunday 31 March 2013

Amulet Alley in Phuket Town



I have seen a lot of this trade whilst I have lived in Phuket - Phuket Town is a hub for this. 


The Buddhist Amulet means a great deal to a great number of people - my personal friend Chaovarit has any number of them strung around his neck. I would like to find a way of deciding the value and meaning of the number of amulets that I see - please contact me if you know how to help me (thisis2tim@yahoo.co.uk).


There is an ever increasing demand for Buddhist amulets by a Tourist population and Amulet Alley is increasingly busy.


I  have visited Amulet Alley in Phuket Town a number of times (here are two posts) but this time I saw something very different - a monk looking at the amulets.

   


View tim in Phuket in a larger map 

No comments:

Post a Comment