Wednesday 13 March 2013

Phuket Weekend Market (ตลาดนัดเจ้าฟ้าวาไรตี้) - an overview.



This is a must to visit if you are visiting Phuket over the Weekend. Could I write down what there is for sale - absolutely not - but it is fun.



I would certainly make a visit if you were fortunate enough to be there on the Weekend. The market seems to have very little management but I can be sure that there is - how could such an enormous piece of land with a plethora of sites work if it was not managed?



Can anyone pay me to make a map like the App of Chatuchack Weekend Market in Bangkok or the Phuket Town Treasure Map?

Would I try the food - yes I would - should you? Think twice because some of it is wonderful but is not for everybody..



Then there are the articles for your personal beauty - got no idea about this but if they can make fake purses I could imagine that they can make fake perfumes - but then if it smells the same does it matter?



They DO NOT have the total range that they have in Patong because obstensiously the market was for Thai people not the visiting Westerner. I do hope (like the Thai people themselves) that they do not sell themselves out to the highest bidder.


Keep PATONG for the Tourist and the Weekend Market for the Thai.



I believe that the market was first a draw for the local Thai people and has subsequently begun to be a tourist attraction. 

There is a Supercheap next to the market, parking and coffee shop opposite and a Wat adjacent to this.

Happy Shopping.


The Weekend market opposite Wat Naka is open from 16:00 until 10:00 each Saturday and Sunday.

There are a number of different items for sale are enormous and I have blogged about this previously 
but on reflection I think that it may be easier to look at the types of thing for sale here. 
I have started a list.


  

View tim in phuket - shopping in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment