Sunday 25 August 2013

Phuket Public Parks


My first thought on being asked to write this was I wonder how many places would be called a 'Public Park'?

So what would it have to make it (for me) a Public Park.
 1) A degree of maintenance and care

 2) A degree of provision of children's playground

 3) A number of places to find refreshments close by

 4) Local people will be there for an activity.



This would be my first choice and it is the park that we most frequent. With all of the above there are also regular activities which take place there - including motor car racing, a fun fair, regular festivals and more. There is a monument to commemorate Captain Edward Miles who was the first person to bring a tin mining dredger to Phuket in 1909 and is the the place for a finale of the Vegetarian Festival.


Suan Lang / Rama IX 

This is located just south of Phuket Town and is certainly an oasis. There may be all of the above but there is a lake where there is sometimes paddle boats, Tai Chi exercising, Takraw, feed the cat fish and a lot of people running in the early evening.

There is also a geocache here.



This (I would imagine) is not really a park but a stretch of land surrounded by a lake AND the sea is very close - the land in the middle and surrounding the lake provides the visitor with a number of different things to do. I have seen people camping on the land in the middle, there is also a small children's playground and a chance to have a go at the pedalos.




I have had the fortune to visit this peak in Phuket Town a number of times. There is a park at the top but it is not what I might first call a park - BUT we are in Phuket, Thailand. I would admit there is a Fitness Park on the hill as well but I must also admit that I have not seen people use this.

There is a statue of Phraya Ratsada Nupradit who was a Phuket Governor in 1902 and is credited with bringing rubber trees to Phuket.

Come hare to take some photographs of the view or eat in one of the restaurants - Khao Rang Breeze, Tunka Cafe or Phuket View.

Bang Wad Dam

Well this doesn't really include all of the top items but what the heck - we like to go up here to watch the birds!


We like this was because it is near to the Indy Market and close to Queen Sirikit Park.

In fact there are too many parks to write about them all - I think that I will have to think of another way...


No comments:

Post a Comment