Thursday 16 January 2014

5 best Thai traditional Phuket Town Noodle Shops - Mee Ton Poe, ถูกปาก ก๋วยเตี๋ยวไก่มะระ, Ao Ke Noodle, เยาว เยนตาโฟ สาขา-3, หมี่อ่าวเก

Instagram in Phuket
I have to admit that I was not (at first) someone that was at the front of the queue to visit these Traditional Noodle Shop. After enjoying this then I will try the noodle carts!

Once I started to go I could not get enough - but they are not for everyone.

NOTE: don't forget to add the condiments at your table to enrich your food and experience - the condiments are sugar, fish sauce, chilli in vinegar and dried chilllis

This is my top pick for Noodles in Phuket


1: Mee Ton Poe (1+3)

This is certainly a place to have your noodles from. 

Reading all of the books and reading the Apps then this is certainly the place to visit. I agree that you may be put off with the appearance because it does look like it needs some paint - but this is not necessary. The beauty is in the food - isn't this why we go to a restaurant?

The choice for me would be their Traditional Hokkien Noodles - freshly made and an immaculate taste. 

It is located in the heart of Phuket Town - see the locations below on foursquare.

    


2:  ถูกปาก ก๋วยเตี๋ยวไก่มะระ


This is certainly for someone who can read Thai - there was no possibility of the menu being available in any other language! If it was not for my beautiful wife Chuen who is from Thailand I would not know where to start.

The first difference that I noticed here was that the food is booked by ticking a piece of paper as to what you want to eat - so if you do not read Thai this may be a problem! Looking closely now I have noticed that there is a facebook site.

The noodles were definitely for the Thai people - the soup and noodles was loaded with flavour and I could not eat much of it - but it was devoured by my wife and all those around us - definitely traditional Thai noodles.

The small restaurant seemed to be run by a family and that made the visit all the more enjoyable.

It is located in near Bangkok Phuket Hospital - see the location on foursquare.





3: Ao Ke Noodle

This was another wonderful experience! This was a place which I would never have entered but because I was given reassurance from my wife (again) we entered.

I was blown away with the rich flavour of the soup - in fact I kept having just spoonfuls of soup! The noodles were certainly fresh and the added chicken, dried onions, wontons were a great mix.

It is located near the centre of Phuket Town - see the location on foursquare.



4:  เยาว เยนตาโฟ สาขา-3

We chose to go to this noodle shop simply because the noodle shop is on the way home - convenience. This noodle shop is actually 'known' for it's pink coloured noodles - which I have yet to taste.

The noodles are actually cooked for you in the traditional way - in a noodle cart in front of the restaurant - maybe this adds to it's authenticity?


The noodles were also a joy to eat and I believe that there is something special in Phuket - the soup and the condiments (again) were the joy for me.


The setting may have been sparse (as Traditional Noodle Shops should be) and the service was wonderful - we eat here quite often but this time I did notice that there was a small Chinese Shrine in the corner.


It corner It is located in the outskirts of Phuket Town
- see the location on foursquare.




5: หมี่อ่าวเก

This is a local and Traditional Thai Noodle Shop - the key to this was that there really was no tourists at all at this destination. So I guess that if you want to have an authentic experience then visit a place like this one.

The atmosphere was tremendous - people on each table seemed to know each other on entering the restaurant (I only could say that it almost felt like a business that had been here for a long period and that the people who came were relatives).

The service was fantastic - we had more than just noodles and I had no time to even finish a game on Candy Crush before some food arrive

It is located near the centre of Phuket Town - see the location on foursquare.



No comments:

Post a Comment