Sunday 5 June 2016

Singing bird competitions


Singing bird competitions are something which I am unable to indicate when they will be, where they will be 




- this one I captured as we were driving somewhere...



This was set up by the side of a road - the frame looks very simple and then the birds in their cages are hung on the frame. At intervals 'their keepers' approach the birds, sometimes covering it and them returning to watch.



Their are judges on the other side keeping a record of something. I believe this to be pitch, melody and volume.



There apparently is a lot of money riding on these competitions... Here is some information.



So I looked for something to help me understand it and found almost nothing to help me understand it all - but I didn't find a lot - but it really is quite beautiful.





Thank you to all the Thai men who welcomed me in to take photographs


No comments:

Post a Comment