Saturday 1 August 2015

ศาลเจากวนอ บานนาบอน - Kuan U Chinese Shrine and Historical Site


ศาลเจากวนอ บานนาบอน shrine was somewhere which I visited only because we were going somewhere else.  It can only be have been completed in the last three years but I am not sure.


My first thoughts are WOW!


It is clear that it is relatively new and the colours certainly do show this!



This is either the original foundations in the current place or they are original but moved from the original place. The name of this shrine is Sang Tham Chinese Shrine - it has some of the original tiling in a glass display case and this shrine is in the heart of Phuket Old Town.

I entered into the Shrine and one of the most beautiful things is that it is clear (especially when looking at the other ones that this is relatively new). (The most different thing that I can see from my first visit was that if you enter into the Shrine - remembering to take of your shoes - you will see something different at the back!)



Outside of the Shrine has the normal pieces of architecture.


The place where the 'Lantern is raised' at the beginning of the Phuket Vegetarian Festival - the link is for Bang Neow Chinese Shrine.


Then where offerings are burnt and I have never spent so much time looking at them (maybe it was because it was new).



A metal container to collect all the burnt crackers...

After managing my initial excitement of never being in such a new Chinese Shrine I began to click my telephone everywhere! It was only when I got home that I realised I had taken so many - so there will be a Part 2 and 3.


Click here for a more detailed map and location 



No comments:

Post a Comment